As a property manager, you are responsible for ensuring that your commercial building is up to code with the proper fire sprinkler system. At Aura Fire Safety, our team of technicians understands the regulations San Francisco requires for a commercial fire sprinkler system installation.
Fire safety is a top priority in commercial buildings to avoid serious injuries or deaths. Uncontrolled fires can also damage the property and the merchandise it stores. It can create a significant and unexpected expense for companies.
At Aura Fire Safety, we work closely with property managers to ensure their commercial buildings are updated with the current fire sprinkler system code requirements.
Commercial Buildings Codes: Fire Sprinkler System -Requirements
The national standard NFPA 13 serves as the standard for installing sprinkler systems in commercial buildings. The codes provide the basic requirements for the design and installation of automatic fire sprinkler systems and exposure protection sprinkler systems.
Aura Fire Safety helps each client carefully plan and design a fire sprinkler system that meets the local fire safety codes along with local, state, and federal regulations. The San Francisco commercial fire sprinkler code requirements include:
- Fire sprinkler systems must be set up for maximum coverage throughout the entire building.
- Automatic sprinklers must be installed in all commercial buildings with a fire area above 5,000 square feet.
- Automatic sprinklers must be installed in commercial buildings that have a height above 55 feet.
- Sprinkler system must be tested for adequate pressure, which may call for installing fire pumps housed in separate buildings or a fire-rated room with an exterior entrance if attached to the same building.
- Water valves that control supply must be clearly marked and must remain accessible.
Fire Sprinkler System Installation Requirements For Commercial Buildings
Aura Fire Safety is the leading fire safety company to conduct safe commercial fire sprinkler system installations in commercial buildings in San Francisco. Whether the property is new construction, recently renovated, or simply requires a fire system upgrade, you can trust Aura Fire Safety! We will help ensure your commercial fire sprinkler system installation meets the NFPA 13 standards for your commercial fire sprinkler system installation.
California regulations are closely followed for installations that include:
- Large Installations
- Room Modifications
- Large Additions and Renovations
- Wet Sprinkler Systems
- Dry & Pre-Action Systems
- Fire Pump & Jockey Pumps
- FDC and Standpipes
- (we don’t install hydrants)
- Backflow Preventers
Contact Aura Fire Safety for commercial fire protection services. Schedule your NFPA 13 inspection today to ensure your fire sprinkler system is compliant with the San Francisco commercial fire sprinkler code!