YOUR AURA OF PROTECTION
Looking for Fire Safety Inspection for Your Business or Home?
Let Aura Fire Safety address all your fire safety inspection needs! If you are a Berkeley, CA resident, give us a call at 415-333-2588!
- Fire Protection Services in Berkeley, CA
- Fire Sprinkler Systems in Berkeley, CA
- Kitchen Fire Systems in Berkeley, CA
- Fire Extinguishers in Berkeley, CA
- Emergency Lighting in Berkeley, CA
- Fire Pumps in Berkeley, CA
Although a 5 year fire inspection or quarterly fire sprinkler inspection may be common, we recommend scheduling appointments more frequently to make sure you are meeting requirements for insurance or building permits.
Why Every Place Needs Fire Safety Inspection?
Often times, it never occurs to us to check the batteries in a smoke detector OR make sure the fire extinguisher works. Fire extinguishers are treated a lot like smoke detectors. We see the shell of the device planted on the wall and think it’s doing its job.
That is where we come in! Fire safety inspection – Berkeley, CA first steps: Make sure fire extinguishers are accessible and working correctly.
Fire Safety Inspection – Berkeley, CA for Business Owners:
Fire safety inspections are common practice and it’s best to know standard practices to ensure your company’s safety. There are different standards for business vs. home inspection.
For instance, with fire extinguishers, you want to complete the following tasks:
- Confirm the extinguisher is visible, unobstructed, and in its designated location.
- Verify the locking pin is intact and the tamper seal is unbroken.
- Examine the extinguisher for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or clogged nozzle.
- Confirm the pressure gauge or indicator is in the operable range or position, and lift the extinguisher to ensure it is still full.
- Make sure the operating instructions on the nameplate are legible and facing outward.
- Check the last professional service date on the tag. A licensed fire extinguisher maintenance contractor must have inspected the extinguisher within the past 12 months.
- Initial and date the back of the tag.
Fire Safety Inspection – Berkeley, CA for Home Owners:
Your average Berkeley, CA store bought unit (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc.) is typically not going to be the best quality. However, it will usually hold pressure without too many problems for 6 to 12 years.
To make sure your fire extinguisher works in your home you want to do the following:
- The extinguisher is not blocked by equipment, coats or other objects that could interfere with access in an emergency.
- The pressure is at the recommended level.
- On extinguishers equipped with a gauge the needle should be in the green zone – not too high and not too low.
- The nozzle or other parts are not hindered in any way.
- The pin and tamper seal (if it has one) are intact.
- There are no dents, leaks, rust, chemical deposits and/or other signs of abuse/wear. Wipe off any corrosive chemicals, oil, gunk etc. that may have deposited on the extinguisher.
Most importantly, for both businesses and homes, remember to replace your fire extinguisher. Depending on the make and model this time can vary.
A lot of information to take in re: fire safety inspection – Berkeley, CA? Why not just give us a call and let us take the necessary steps to make sure your fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are ready to go for any emergency!
Berkeley, CA — What’s Going On?
- When you think Berkeley, CA, what comes to mind?
- University of California at Berkeley — famous for being the birthplace of both the free speech movement in the 60′s, as well as the place where the radioactive substance “Berkeleum” was discovered.
- Berkeley Bowl — grocery store touristy attraction.
Do you know what else Berkeley, CA is known for? Fire safety inspection. They’re on top of their game. Aura Fire Safety takes the safety of Berkeley, CA residents very seriously and we make sure our certifications stay up-to-date.
Daryl is simply fantastic - her customer service game is top notch! I, of course, called with a minor emergency, and while their schedule was too packed to shoehorn a technician appointment for me the same day, Daryl was so kind, accommodating, and responsive that I will not hesitate to contact Aura when the next leak arises.
I hired Aura to test and certify the fire panels in 2 apartment buildings in SF. Sophath was professional (punctual, wore a mask, explained everything clearly) and a pleasure to work with. Turns out each building had a sensor/detector which needed to be replaced, so he had to return a second time. Despite that, the cost was reasonable, and I plan to use them for future annual certifications.
This company was great to work with. Quick response to my inquiry,arrived right on time for repair/troubleshooting ,excellent follow up and competitively priced. Would definitely hire again.
Vladi and his crew installed a fire sprinkler system in our two cottages that were newly built on our property in Berkeley. They designed the system and supplied the calculations along with the permits to the city of Berkeley, and completed the work which passed the fire inspections. Vladi was always a delight to talk to, very positive and always willing to work with me. I actually miss having a reason to call Vladi. And after they finished the cottages, we backed out of a contract to add fire sprinklers to the existing house, Vladi gladly refunded 100% of our deposit because of the stress I had endured this year. I will gladly use them in the future if and when I need to have our fire system serviced.
As a first time condo owner, it was very helpful that the technician explained what he was doing and what I needed to be aware about. This was super easy to schedule and quick service.
My Architect, Ahmad introduced Vladi, Aura Fire Safety for Fire system at Himalayan Pizza and Momo. We are very happy with their work and they clearly know what they are doing. Vladi often visits job site and see how things are progressing. Our fire inspection passed successfully at first time without any problem. Vladi and his team listen customer well and make sure everything is planned good before they start their job. I would highly recommend them for Fire system protection, especially for commercial business.
These guys were great to work with, professional, friendly, explaining the whole process of a 5 year sprinkler inspection. From the technician Chris who did the work to Carlyn in the office, it is great when a business still believes in customer service & are just genuinely really Nice people to work with!
Aura Fire Safety did a great Job. As a General Contractor, I routinely look for subcontractors I can trust to do thorough, timely work. I found my experience with Aura Fire to be smooth, timely and pleasant all around. Easy to work with in the field and office, I will certainly call on them again. TM
Great customer service. Very responsive. They installed an Ansul system for us and they were competitively priced, on time, efficient and cleaned up after themselves. Highly recommended!
We needed a backflow prevention system to be installed to an existing fire sprinkler for our TIC to condo conversion project. Aura was the first one of 5 companies to respond to my request for estimate. Of 2 companies who did respond to my request, Aura was less expensive. Vladi was very pleasant to communicate with for scheduling technicians and inspections and Jesse was very professional and did an excellent job and provided detailed info for maintenance. Highly recommended.
Very professional and attentive service. Vladi took care of my restaurant and got me through final inspections. Highly recommend!
Great Service!. Vlad and his team are top notch. Responsive, expert and trustworthy. They were easy to work with, very professional, showed up when they said they would, did the work the said they would and followed up to insure satisfaction. Could not ask for a better experience.
Aura Fire has replaced our fire sprinkler heads and perform our annual testings. They are very professional and always keep good communications with me throughout the process. Vladi and Jose are a great team. I would recommend them for your fire safety needs!
Our HOA started using Aura this year, and we are very happy with the service. Vladi and Jose both are knowledgable and responsive to our needs. We fired our prior vendor and hired Aura and have no regrets!