Looking for Fire Safety Inspection for Your Business or Home?
Let Aura Fire Safety address all your fire safety inspection needs! If you are a Berkeley, CA resident, give us a call at 415-881-4402!
- Fire Protection Services in Berkeley, CA
- Fire Sprinkler Systems in Berkeley, CA
- Kitchen Fire Systems in Berkeley, CA
- Fire Extinguishers in Berkeley, CA
- Emergency Lighting in Berkeley, CA
- Fire Pumps in Berkeley, CA
Although a 5 year fire inspection or quarterly fire sprinkler inspection may be common, we recommend scheduling appointments more frequently to make sure you are meeting requirements for insurance or building permits.
Why Every Place Needs Fire Safety Inspection?
Often times, it never occurs to us to check the batteries in a smoke detector OR make sure the fire extinguisher works. Fire extinguishers are treated a lot like smoke detectors. We see the shell of the device planted on the wall and think it’s doing its job.
That is where we come in! Fire safety inspection – Berkeley, CA first steps: Make sure fire extinguishers are accessible and working correctly.
Fire Safety Inspection – Berkeley, CA for Business Owners:
Fire safety inspections are common practice and it’s best to know standard practices to ensure your company’s safety. There are different standards for business vs. home inspection.
For instance, with fire extinguishers, you want to complete the following tasks:
- Confirm the extinguisher is visible, unobstructed, and in its designated location.
- Verify the locking pin is intact and the tamper seal is unbroken.
- Examine the extinguisher for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or clogged nozzle.
- Confirm the pressure gauge or indicator is in the operable range or position, and lift the extinguisher to ensure it is still full.
- Make sure the operating instructions on the nameplate are legible and facing outward.
- Check the last professional service date on the tag. A licensed fire extinguisher maintenance contractor must have inspected the extinguisher within the past 12 months.
- Initial and date the back of the tag.
Fire Safety Inspection – Berkeley, CA for Home Owners:
Your average Berkeley, CA store bought unit (Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc.) is typically not going to be the best quality. However, it will usually hold pressure without too many problems for 6 to 12 years.
To make sure your fire extinguisher works in your home you want to do the following:
- The extinguisher is not blocked by equipment, coats or other objects that could interfere with access in an emergency.
- The pressure is at the recommended level.
- On extinguishers equipped with a gauge the needle should be in the green zone – not too high and not too low.
- The nozzle or other parts are not hindered in any way.
- The pin and tamper seal (if it has one) are intact.
- There are no dents, leaks, rust, chemical deposits and/or other signs of abuse/wear. Wipe off any corrosive chemicals, oil, gunk etc. that may have deposited on the extinguisher.
Most importantly, for both businesses and homes, remember to replace your fire extinguisher. Depending on the make and model this time can vary.
A lot of information to take in re: fire safety inspection – Berkeley, CA? Why not just give us a call and let us take the necessary steps to make sure your fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are ready to go for any emergency!
Berkeley, CA — What’s Going On?
- When you think Berkeley, CA, what comes to mind?
- University of California at Berkeley — famous for being the birthplace of both the free speech movement in the 60′s, as well as the place where the radioactive substance “Berkeleum” was discovered.
- Berkeley Bowl — grocery store touristy attraction.
Do you know what else Berkeley, CA is known for? Fire safety inspection. They’re on top of their game. Aura Fire Safety takes the safety of Berkeley, CA residents very seriously and we make sure our certifications stay up-to-date.